Occupational Tax Licenses

Renew or Cancel My License for 2022
Renew or Cancel My License for 2021

Every person who is engaged in business, trade, a profession, or occupation in the City of St. Marys is required to have an Occupational Tax license.  Fees are determined by the number of full and part-time employees of the business.

Businesses that have no physical location in the City of St. Marys, but are located inside the state of Georgia, will need to obtain a license from the county or municipality where your business office is located.

Businesses who are located outside the state of Georgia, with no physical location in Georgia, should obtain first a business license in the Georgia jurisdiction in which they conduct the most business.  If that is St. Marys, you will need to complete the application and submit copy of the GA state license if required.

Submit a completed Occupational Tax License application.  (Available under the document center.)  Please attach all state required licenses when submitting the application.  Applicaitons are reviewed once a week on Wednesdays.  Once the application has been approved, you will pay the application fee and your Occupational Tax License will be issued.  The certificate must be posted in a conspicuous place at your business establishment.  Occupational Tax licenses are non-transferrable.

COMPLETED APPLICATIONS CAN BE DROPPED OFF OR MAILED TO: City of St. Marys Community Development Department 418 Osborne Street St. Marys, GA 31558 

EXPIRATION & RENEWALS Occupational Tax License certificates expire December 31 of each year.  All payments received after that date will be assessed a 10% penalty of amount due.   Please contact the licensing office at (912) 510-4032 if your business closes, moves to another address or this was a one time construction job in which the job is completed and do not wish to renew your certificate. 

You may email your occupational tax application to the planning@stmarysga.gov

To apply for a Federal Tax ID Number
To apply for a Sales & Use Tax