National Flood Insurance

St Marys participates in the National flood Insurance Program (NFIP). This allows local insurance agents to sell flood insurance policies separate from regular property insurance, and at federally subsidized rates.

Please see links below for additional information:

Requirements & Coverage

If you own a structure in the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) and your loan is federally backed, it is mandatory that you obtain flood insurance.

A new policy is available that assists in bringing a non-compliant structure up to NFIP standards if the building is substantially damaged or repetitively flooded. Flood insurance is also available for structures outside the 100 year floodplain (Zone X).